wtorek, 24 października 2017

News #5


Dogs have pet facial expressions to use on humans, study finds
 
I have just read an article in The Guardian that supports what I have always believed. Dogs are capable of making faces! The article describes a study of 24 dogs faced with either a human or another animal or food. Research has found that in the presence of a human dogs raised their eyebrows for their eyes to look bigger. They also pulled out their tongues. This facial expression is usually associated by people with cuteness. It is thus believed that dogs’ faces are a result of domestication.
                The result doesn’t really surprise me. I have made some observations for myself. My dog does at times look happy, sad or angry. I also believe that I have contact with her. As humans we greatly underestimate animals. We consider ourselves the smartest, only because we think that the world belongs to us.

 Sources:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/oct/19/dogs-have-pet-facial-expressions-to-use-on-humans-study-finds

1 komentarz:

  1. My husband would agree with this 100% - he always reads emotions into dogs' facial expressions.
    To comment on your last sentence: we actually ARE the smartest animals on earth, which obviously shouldn't make us arrogant.

    OdpowiedzUsuń